Friday, March 23, 2007

Unstoppable?

Well The No-Phun League's draft has came and went. If I could describe this draft in one word it would be : unexpectivity. Yes I know thats not a word but whatever. People seemed to take the keeper aspect of this league to a high level, going so far as to draft kids with dreams of being in the bigs ahead of proven guys with track records, who likely wont be going anywhere for the next five years. A prime example of this was me landing Carlos Delgado somewhere around the 12th-15th round as people were more worried about his age and price tag rather than his production.

Anyway this is how my team shapes up post-draft:

C- Victor Martinez
1b: Carlos Delgado
2b-Freddy Sanchez
3b-Miguel Cabrera
SS-Jose Reyes
IF-Troy Glaus

I have a ton of flexibility in my infield with guys like glaus and sanchez qualifying at 2-3 positions.

RF-Magglio Ordonez
CF-Craig Monroe
LF-Carl Crawford
OF- Jeremy Hermida, Andre Ethier, Ken Griffey Jr. platoon

SP-Carlos Zambrano
SP-Roy Oswalt
SP-"King" Felix Hernandez
SP-Matt Cain
SP-Ervin Santana
RP-Tom Gordon
RP-Jason Isringhausen
RP-Jose Valverde
Bench/AAA (note i havent designated which players will be in my farm system): Cla Meredith, Kerry Wood, Mark Buerhle, James Loney, Macier Izturis, Rick Ankiel, and Ladainian Tomlinson if he ever decides to play baseball, just in case. Note: two of my outfield platooners will be on the bench as well.

Im gonna go ahead and put it in writing here that I think I assembled the best all-around team hands down.

-Lefty

No comments: